Miami, the "Magic City", "Gateway to America"
When it comes to Florida, what world renowned city immediately comes to mind? Miami of course! Indeed, Miami is an exceptional place to live, work, study, visit, and invest in, with beautiful beaches, modern and shimmering towers, welcoming weather, luxury ocean front properties, endless entertainment possibilities, and nonstop nightlife in glamorous South Beach. With its unique Art Deco Architectural styles, vibrant cultural and arts scene, museums and gardens, Latin flavors, and the hottest sports action under the sun, Miami attracts millions of visitors, and domestic, and international buyers, interested in great investment opportunities offered by the Miami real estate market.
Florida - the sailing capital of the world
Also known as the "Cruise Capital of the World", Miami is the largest and busiest cruise port in the world
What should you know about Miami?
- Miami is named after a Native American tribe, the Mayaimis, and became a city in 1896 founded by a woman named Julia Tuttle
- Home of the world’s largest Art Deco Architecture style, over 800 pastel colored buildings on Ocean Drive
- Miami’s downtown, the Brickell Financial District, has the largest concentration of international banks in the United States
- American Airlines Arena is home of the Miami Heat of the National Basketball Association and host to numerous spectacular entertainment events
- Home of Miami Dolphins of the National Football League, Florida Panthers of the National Hockey League, and the Miami Marlins of Major League Baseball
- Home of the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, Miami Art Museum, Miami Science Museum, and Miami Children’s Museum
- An estimated 15 million tourists visited Miami in 2015
- Winter temperature of 60-75 F
- The Port of Miami is the busiest cruise ship port in the world, serving almost 5 million passengers annually
- Miami International Airport is the largest gateway between the United States and Latin America, with 44.3 million passengers in 2015
- Nearly 10% of Miami’s workforce is employed by hotels and restaurants to serve visitors
- Miami is home to 150+ ethnicities and 60+ languages
- Home to many celebrities, from athletes and entertainers to artist and business people, it’s the perfect place for star spotting
- Miami is a hot spot for music: from conga, rumba, meringue, salsa, reggae, and calypso to freestyle, electro, rap, hip-hop and disco
The above list is just a taste of what Miami, Florida has to offer; it will remain a hot destinations for many years to come! Visitors, buyers, and investors interested in the Miami real estate market, will not be disappointed.
Visit Miami, a phenomenal place to live, work, learn, explore, and buy real estate!