Florida Home Buying Process
Here you will find a brief description of the process for buying Florida real estate for those interested to own a single family home, an apartment, a villa, a condo or a town home!
- The perfect Florida home for your unique needs, desires, and budget is identified
- Your offer is accepted by the seller (resale) or developer (new homes), a closing date is set, and a deposit (“earnest money”) is paid to the Title company to seal the deal
- Buyer reviews and signs the seller disclosures
- Buyer elects to perform home inspections, completed by a certain date. The anticipated costs of any problems found during the inspection will be submitted to the seller
- For those borrowing/applying for a loan to purchase their Florida home, residential, second home/vacation home or investment property there is a mortgage process (for more details about current foreign national loan programs please read the Information menu)
- Once the loan is approved, the title company performs a title search (if they haven’t already) to make sure there are no liens against the house and that the seller is the legal and rightful owner
- Before closing there is a final walkthrough
- A final cash figure for what the buyer needs to bring to the closing table is calculated. A HUD-1, containing all expenses and fees is presented to the buyer for review
- The closing takes place at the title company. For those who finance their home, our preferred lender does not require presence at the closing. This mail-away closing possibility means that you can sign all closing related documents at the US Embassy in your own country
- Congratulations, you are now a proud Florida real estate owner! You get the keys to your Florida single family home, apartment, villa, condo or town home, move in, or rent it out while away!
Florida, a place to live, love, visit, buy, invest, rent and sell!